Tuesday, July 29, 2008

6/26/08: Money Problems?

Today, I learned that I am not the best with money.  No, I actually knew this but it was reconfirmed in the fact that I found a check from Edward Jones for $18.33.  I guess that this check was for some kind of class action settlement that I unwittingly became a part of.

Now, $18.33 doesn't seem like a lot of money.  But, when you are poor, it is.  Especially when you realize that the check was dated 3/20/08 and it became void 90 days after.  Today is 6/26.  I could have cashed this, but no...I forgot.  $18 could have bought me a couple of dinners at local coney islands or a lot of swedish fish.  I could have used that money.

Instead, I will save this voided check for cold weather.  I'll burn it in my fireplace to save on gas to heat the house.  That way, it will at least give me a penny of energy.  With heating costs rising, anything is better than nothing.

Right?

Cash your checks babes!  It is the right thing to do.

No comments: