Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7/2: 60% Means It Will Rain

The weather is a strange thing.  We have all these fancy maps with strange little people with odd names like "Hunter" and "Tad" telling us what will happen in the future with our weather patterns.

And I believe this stuff!

Anyway, I was getting a bit cocky about the fact that the Tads and Hunters weren't ever getting it right, so today I decided that there was no way it would rain. This is despite the fact that the report said there was a 60% chance of severe thunderstorms.  No big deal, right?

Wrong.  Everything was going very well until I came out of my regular Wednesday night meeting. It looked pretty gloomy.  Exactly as predicted.

I rode my scooter.  SCOOTER.  60 mph wind gusts, torrential downpours and a rain suit purchased from Dunham's for 30 bucks.

Needless to say, I learned that I am not smarter than Tad or Hunter.  That 60% means it'll rain.

I was very wet and very scared.

I also learned that I may need to invest in a better rain suit.

Just in case.

No comments: