Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5/21: Calendars and Appointments

Today, I learned that no matter how good I think my memory is, it is not as good as I think it is. This is especially true in regards to upcoming meetings, events and appointments.

I was really excited yesterday to invite a few chaps over to my home on Saturday night for a dinner party. I called all of them, informed them of my plan and began brainstorming different styles of cuisine to prepare. I even made a mental note of all the areas of the house I would need to spiffy up.

This morning, I was jarred out of bed at 5:51 am by the frightening thought:

"I already have plans on Saturday night."

I received an email about the above plans on 5/6/08. I saved the email and recorded the event in my "mental calendar." I forgot completely about my "mental calendar" until this morning.

This may not seem big, but it is to me. It means that I have not only learned today that I must write everything down on my home calendar to keep things straight, but that I am also getting old. My memory is fading. Soon, I will have to program all my appointments, activities and meetings not only on the cute Humane Society calendar hanging on my fridge, but also on my Outlook and phone calendars. I may even need to get a day planner in case I forget to pay attention to my Outlook, phone, Humane Society and Desk calendars.

Alas.....what's next?

No comments: