Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5/25: Letting Go

I'm beginning to learn to let go of a relationship. This relationship has been difficult for me for quite some time. I wish I did not have to let go of it, but it appears to be the only option for my progress (and possibly their's).

Today, I realized I had started letting go. It occured when the individual did not show up as expected. It did not upset me. It used to, but not today. I realized this and thought, "hmmm..this is new, I don't actually care so much any more."

I also realized that I was actually more glad to not have connected with the person than I would have been if I did.

It finally clicked that I cannot control them; that I cannot will them to be the person that I want; that though I would love to have the relationship I want, I will not.

It's a little sad, but that's apart of the process, I think.

No comments: