Sunday, September 7, 2008

7/15: Bosses are Right?!

So, the day after my strawberry debacle, I was ready to return to my work.  A bit embarrassed, but on full cylinders.

My boss, Keith, called early in the morning.

"Are you okay?"  

"Yeah, just really tired, but I'll be in in a little bit."

"I want you to take the day off and rest."

"I'll be fine, just tired."

I did not admit that my right leg (the site of the epishot) felt as though I had been kicked by an elephant.

Well, he's my boss.  So, I listened.

In the end, it was a good idea.  When I went to take a shower, I was so exhausted that I needed to sit down in the tub several times to rest.

Man, who knew having a life-threatening event could be so exhausting?  Oh, you did?  Well, I'm not that sharp.

Thankfully, I listened to my boss.  I think it is the first time ever that a boss has told me to stay home.  

Thanks Keith.

No comments: