Sunday, September 7, 2008

7/18: 2nd Annual Chef Garden Summit

Woo Hoo!  I was so excited.  The Chef Garden Summit at the Chef Garden in Ohio happened again.  A day of talking all things food, specifically vegetables.

I am a bit of a foodie.  Okay, not a bit, but a foodie to the core.  I live and breath food (though not literally as that would be dangerous) and the Chef Garden Summit gives a food nerd like myself the opportunity to be around other food nerds for 10 hours straight, discussing techniques, varieties and anything else that has to do with food.

We also get an opportunity to eat some of the most amazing creations that the best chefs in the nation take the time to unravel.  

Today, I had the best bacon I've ever tasted, served to me by none other than Lee Ann Wong of Top Chef fame (more importantly, of the French Culinary Institute).  I met the Midwest's James Beard winner (the Oscars of food) and drove through a colony of honeybees being resurrected by the Chefs Garden team.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see that people are still making a difference.  The Chefs Garden is a sustainable farm, replete with all the modern (and pre-modern) technologies necessary to bring real food back to the table without destroying our environment.  These guys are passionate about what they do and it shows in their clientele, from Emeril to Bobby Flay to Keller to Gordon Ramsey.  What an amazing thing!

Check out their website http://www.chefs-garden.com/  Unfortunately, only chefs may buy their products, but totally find a restaurant that uses their out of this world products.

Also, if you get a chance, taste a cucamelon.  

No comments: