Sunday, September 7, 2008

7/25: Headphones, What?

Did you know that it is illegal to wear headphones when driving a scooter/motorcycle?

I did not and had been jammin' to my ipod for some time while driving the little bike around.

Then, my brother-in-law set me straight.

I will say that I understand this law, but believe some exceptions should be made.

If a cop was ever in the car with me, they would realize that the volume of my ipod while driving the scooter in no way compares to the Niagara Falls volume of my car stereo system while booming down the freeway.  I cannot even hear myself breath in my car, let alone other traffic or emergency vehicles.  On my scooter, however, I am much more conscious of the volume button and make sure that I can still be alert to everything around me.  I can even hear crickets on a dusk-enveloped back road.

Please, help me.  I'd love to get a special waiver to continue to wear headphones while biking.  I'm special right?  Come on, I deserve to have special laws just for me.  He he.

Anyway, I'll follow the rules, though I don't like 'em.  I'll play the adult on this one.

But I won't like it.

No comments: