Monday, June 2, 2008

5/29: Scooter Riding Revisted

I purchased a scooter today. Wonderful Yamaha Zuma!

I am stoked, but learned that it is not actually as easy to ride a scooter on the road as it is on 100 feet of empty parking lot. Turning is difficult and I need to work on stopping without putting out my feet Flintstone style.

I started out on my first ride. First, I hit a car (very slowly with no damage) as I tried to turn out of the parking lot. Second, I turned really wide onto Jackson Ave. and actually ended up on the sidewalk. I then proceeded to ride onto the sidewalk because I was terrified of the 50 mph traffic.

Oh dear.

Matt and I put the scooter in the back of my van and drove it up to my home. He practiced with me and showed me some tips.

I better get learned quick on this damn thing! I just spent a bunch of money and it won't be worth it if I don't ride it.

No comments: