Friday, June 27, 2008

6/25: Beef Tongue and Suckling Pig

I have this other little blog I do about restaurants.  In this blog, I am eating at several places and then offering my opinion.  At times, it is extremely difficult to remain objective in the face of new ingredients or descriptions.  But I do try, honest Grandma.

I ate a Mexican restaurant that was on my list.  I ordered a bunch of food, including various tacos.

One was beef tongue.

One was suckling pig.

The pig, not so bad.  Nice seasoning, tender, young.  Everything you'd expect from eating a slaughtered for no reason baby pig.

Beef tongue.  Holy Shit!  That is one of the most unappetizing items I have ever encountered.

You know when you eat something and the minute the food hits your mouth your stomach gives you a little, "oh hell no!"? 

Well, that's what beef tongue did to me.  Automatic nausea.

Nasty stuff.  I didn't finish.

No comments: