Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/15: Magazine Subscriptions

I currently own two magazine subscriptions: Spin Magazine and Smithsonian.  I have been receiving Spin for a couple of year; it is cheap, informative and has a lot of music reviews.  I like that.  I've been getting Smithsonian for at least 4 years.  What a great mag!  So many pages of useless, interesting and colorful information.

Okay, so I love these magazines, but I can't keep up.  Today I realized that it is pointless to try to stay current in anything: fashion, news, music, trends and especially magazines.  It changes constantly and when you finally get it down (or finish the last page) you've already got two more sitting on the shelf that are out of style.

I'm not saying that I will give up my magazines, I'm just saying that I learned today that I am okay with being several months behind.

It's also great because I can then cut up a bunch for collage work at a time.

No comments: