Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/17: Meetings, Meetings, Meetings!

Some meetings are good.  I go to those a few times a week.  Some meetings are okay, I show up to those.  Some meetings are just bad business.  Bad bad business.  I learned a new technique for bad meetings.  I listen intently, almost too extremely and stare deeply at the person speaking as though I am hanging off every honey word that drips from their mouth.  This is, of course, regardless of whether or not anything they say is intelligent or even intelligible.  This makes the speaker wary and then increases my enjoyment of our time spent together.

Now, I know that this is probably not very nice and I promise I will work on it.  But today, just for today, it worked rather well and made said meeting much more tolerable.

At least for me.

No comments: